Friday, October 19, 2007

Engineer Greg's birthday




I have the pleasure of working with some of the greatest people at the Oregon Zoo. We laugh, we kvetch, conspire, all as a part of a fun family of sorts.

For a fun surprise for a coworker and friend, another of the family hired me to create a birthday cake. The recipient of this cake is an engineer on our Zoo Train.


I designed the cake, and had a lot of fun (and a REALLY late night) finishing it. The "topper" if you will, is a sugarpaste (rolled icing) cut-out replica of the train logo, with a figure of the birthday boy in his engineer garb, also made from sugarpaste. It's all edible, with the exception of his wire glasses. It was SO much fun to do! My friend was so happy when she saw it. The birthday boy hasn't seen it yet, so I'm anxiously awaiting word on his reaction to it.

No comments: